Tonight, our best companies were recognized at the “Best Estonian Companies 2021” award event. The innovative chemical company Chemi-Pharm was awarded the title of the company of the year. The company of the year was chosen from the best of the Enterprise Estonia and the Estonian Employers’ Confederation’s competition “Entrepreneurship Award” and the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s competition “Competitiveness Ranking”.
According to Peeter Raudsepp, the head of Enterprise Estonia, Chemi-Pharm’s ambition to create the best products in the world, which has won the title of the company of the year and innovator of the year. “It is remarkable that in the health crisis, the Estonian producer of its own cleaning and disinfection products emerged, which has also turned to the pharmaceutical industry. Only a very well-managed and smart company can keep up with the tenfold increase in demand and at the same time invest heavily in research and development and develop new business directions, ”Raudsepp emphasized and also recognized the winners of all other categories.
According to Arto Aasa, CEO of the Confederation of Estonian Employers, this year’s competition proved that Estonian companies have emerged stronger from the crisis, thanks to their impressive reaction speed, learning ability and innovation. “We hope that in the coming years there will be even more winners who will systematically invest in research and development and cooperate with Estonian research institutions,” said Aas.
According to Toomas Luman, Chairman of the Board of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the company of the year Chemi-Pharm is worthy of recognition and highlighting. “There could certainly be significantly more similar companies in the Estonian business landscape, where the achievements of the world of science are applied to such an extent and our general well-being is worked on,” said Luman, adding that who take business risk and responsibility towards themselves, their families and their employees in order to be both responsible entrepreneurs and employers.
Winners of the Enterprise Estonia and Estonian Employers’ Confederation competition “Entrepreneurship Award 2021”:
· Innovator of the year – Chemi-Pharm AS, a manufacturer of disinfectants and cosmetics
· Exporter of the year – shipbuilding and repair company SRC Group AS
· Family company of the year – Nõo Lihatööstus OÜ
· Designer of the Year – ElectroAir OÜ, which produces power supply systems for aircraft
· Foreign investor of the year – international production and technology company Ensto Ensek AS
· Tourism promoter of the year – Lee Restoran OÜ
Winners of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry competition “Competitiveness Ranking 2021”:
· The most competitive large company – Eesti Gaas AS
· The most competitive small and medium-sized enterprise – Kapitel AS
· The most competitive micro-enterprise – Kirkmayer Industries OÜ
The most competitive companies in Estonia by 2021 fields of activity are the following:
· The most competitive communications and communications company – Telia Eesti AS
· The most competitive industrial and energy company – Eesti Gaas AS
· The most competitive food industry company – Liviko AS
· The most competitive financial intermediation company – Tavid AS
· The most competitive wholesale company – Sandmani Grupi AS
· The most competitive retail company – Selver AS
· The most competitive construction company – Merko Ehitus AS
· The most competitive service company – NG Investeeringud OÜ
· The most competitive real estate company – Kapitel AS
· The most competitive transport and logistics company – DSV Estonia AS
· The most competitive agricultural, forestry and fishing company – Vestman Energia AS
· The most competitive design and architecture company – Saksa Automaatika OÜ
Tables of the most competitive companies can be found on the website: www.koda.ee/et/konkurentsivoimeedetabel
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications recognized NULA, the incubator for social initiatives, and the Forwardspace co-operation center of Pärnu with the Entrepreneurship Promotion Award.
The company of the year was chosen by a representative jury consisting of: Ats Albre, CEO of Nortal AS (Company of the Year 2020), Madis Müller, Governor of Eesti Pank, Mart Kalm, Chairman of the Board of Rectors and EAA Rector, Mait Palts, Director General of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry , Kristiina Esop, CEO of the Responsible Business Forum, Kadri Mägi-Lehtsi, CEO of Roche Eesti OÜ and Peeter Raudsepp, Chairman of the Management Board of Enterprise Estonia.
The recognition event for the best Estonian companies is organized by the Enterprise Estonia, the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Estonian Employers’ Confederation.